ArcGIS Web Adaptor is provided as a setup program and is executed through a utility named Setup.exe. You can install ArcGIS Web Adaptor on its own using the steps provided here, or you can install silently using Windows Installer command line parameters.
Installation behavior and requirements
The version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor must always match the version of Portal for ArcGISyou're using.
ArcGIS Web Adaptorcan be installed side by side with other versions. You are not required to uninstall ArcGIS Web Adaptor to install ArcGIS Web Adaptor and ArcGIS Web Adaptor is not an upgrade of previous releases.
Each ArcGIS Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server.
ArcGIS Web Adaptor and Tomcat do not need to be installed on the same machine if you will configure the Web Adaptor with the portal through your browser. However, if you will configure the Web Adaptor using the configurewebadaptor.exe tool, the Web Adaptor and Tomcat must be installed on the same machine.
Upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor
To upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor to 10.6, you need to uninstall the earlier version, and install the 10.6 setup. During the 10.6 installation, you'll specify the same name as your earlier Web Adaptor. This guarantees your Web Adaptor URL will remain identical to the earlier version.
After installing 10.6, you need to configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS.
At 10.2 and earlier versions, running the setup upgraded all existing Web Adaptors to the latest version.
Before installing ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Verify that your system meets all system requirements.
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Verify that you have a website running on port 80 and HTTPS is enabled on port 443. This is to accommodate the variety of encrypted and unencrypted calls made to Portal for ArcGIS. ArcGIS Web Adaptor cannot be configured with your portal if it is deployed on a website running on ports other than 80 and 443. For instructions on how to create a website, consult the product documentation specific for your Java application server. For more information about setting up and using HTTPS, see Enable HTTPS on your web server.
- Close all applications.
- Browse to the folder containing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor setup. You can also insert the Portal for ArcGIS media into the appropriate drive to start the setup.
You are now ready to proceed with the Web Adaptor installation.
How to install ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Review the master agreement and accept it if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation.
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or Next to accept the default location.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Browse to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server on a website running on port 80. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Connect ArcGIS Web Adaptor with Portal for ArcGIS by completing the steps in Configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
After installation, ArcGIS Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.