10.9.1 includes the release of a new version of ArcGIS Dashboards. The previous version of ArcGIS Dashboards is now ArcGIS Dashboards Classic.
The URL for ArcGIS Dashboards is now <yourPortalURL>/apps/dashboards/. Dashboards created before this release automatically open with the new URL and embedded dashboards continue to work. It is recommended that you update your existing dashboards to the new URL by opening them in ArcGIS Dashboards and clicking Save. To continue making changes to your previous dashboards without updating them to the new version, open them in ArcGIS Dashboards Classic
The new version of includes the following:
- The list and indicator elements can now take advantage of a new advanced formatting option to customize how data points render using expressions created with ArcGIS Arcade.
- Data expressions can now be created to power data-driven elements. Using Arcade, you can create feature sets to unlock new insights in your data by combining, modeling, and enhancing your existing data.
- You can now use selection-based display to configure an element to only render when a selection is made elsewhere on the dashboard. When configuring target elements for filter actions, you can enable the Render only when filtered toggle button to have users make a selection on the source element before the target visualization renders. A message can be customized on the target element when a selection is required.
- Pop-ups in a map element have a more consistent design between what was configured in the web map, including Arcade expressions and image rotations.
- You can take advantage of the new Map Viewer capabilities, such as group layers, clustering, and bookmarks.
- Additional supported data sources for elements include feature collections and CSV web layers. When adding a map with CSV web layers or feature collections, you can now use them as data sources for elements and use them to configure actions.
- New value formatting configuration options allow number patterns that are automatically formatted based on a user's locale to be overridden.
- When choosing colors for text, background, and other element components, along with the existing color palette and hex code field, you can also choose to enter RGB values or use HSL syntax.
- Percentiles have been added as a statistic type. When configuring an indicator, gauge, or serial chart element, you can select percentile, specify the percentile value, and whether you want discrete or continuous distribution.
- Improvements to the count statistic allow you to choose whether you want to count by value or distinct value when configuring an indicator, gauge, serial chart, or pie chart element.
- Additional date options have been added to the date filter. If you choose a relative date filter, you can now choose weeks, months, quarters, or years as time units.
- URL parameters have a new structure. URL parameters now use a hash (#) to append a parameter to your dashboard's URL instead of a question mark (?).
- A new dashboard setting has been introduced to allow dashboard authors to restrict element expansion. When turned off, the new Allow element expansion toggle button restricts dashboard elements from being expanded at run time.
- For line or smoothed line serial charts that are date-based and enable parse dates, you can choose to connect gaps caused by missing data points.
- When adjusting your dashboard's layout, you now have more precision when resizing an element. As you resize, you can now see the percentage of the screen that is being occupied by the element.
- Selectors have been redesigned and include new configuration options. The following are enhancements made to selectors:
- Choose a presentation mode for your selectors to better display them on your dashboard. Choose from Inline, Accordion, or Dropdown presentation to efficiently display your selectors.
- Add icons to your selectors to make them more distinguishable.
- Use the Show reset option to allow users to clear their selector inputs at run time.
- For category selectors that allow multiple selections, users can now click Show selected to narrow the list to only display selected categories at run time.
- For the number selector and date selector, choose to allow both input options for users to input values.
- For the date selectors that use the date picker, you can now choose to make including time optional.
To see what was added in previous releases, see Previous releases.