In ArcGIS Excalibur, user settings are user-defined settings that provide flexible and relevant experiences based on your needs. Some application settings can be changed in ArcGIS Excalibur using My Settings. To go to My Settings, click the settings button in the side pane from anywhere in the application.
In My Settings, you can click Reset All and Reload page at any time to return the user settings to the application defaults. A dialog will prompt you to confirm your My Settings reset.
On the viewing mode tab, you can set and save your viewing preference. The default viewing mode is dark mode. Dark mode works well when you're viewing imagery in darker and dimly lit environments. Light mode works well when you're viewing imagery in brighter and well lit environments. Once you choose a viewing mode, click Update Your Viewing Mode to save your changes. A notification appears at the bottom of the application confirming this change.
On the start page tab, choose the view you want to see when the application opens. The options are as follows:
- Connect View—The default view of the application is useful if your day-to-day tasks vary between image search and discovery, ad hoc exploitation, and preplanned imagery tasks.
- Projects View—Lists the imagery projects available to you.
- Catalog View—Provides interactive tools to search and discover imagery based on defined location and search filters.
- My Available Imagery View—Provides a quick way to directly connect to an available imagery service for search and discovery or for working with imagery.
Once you choose a start page, click Update Your Start Page to save your changes. A notification appears at the bottom of the application confirming this change.
The map settings tab allows you to set the default starting extent when searching for imagery in the imagery catalog search and to choose the background map when searching for imagery in the catalog search or working with imagery in the canvas view. To set a background map and extent preference:
- Click the basemap button and choose a background map.
- Zoom in and out on the map using the mouse buttons or the [+] or [-] buttons in the corner, or use the draw tool to draw your preferred extent on the map.
- Click the erase button to erase your extent.
Once you choose a background map and extent, click Update Your Map Settings to save your changes. A notification appears at the bottom of the application confirming this change.
The default basemap and extent of ArcGIS Excalibur are based on your organization's default basemap and extent.