Prepare to install ArcGIS Enterprise
Before you run ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, perform the following steps:
- Verify you do not have Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, or ArcGIS Data Store installed on the machine.
- Verify that your machine has a supported operating system installed. For more information, see the system requirements.
ArcGIS Enterprise Builder cannot be installed on machines that have multiple network interface cards.
- Verify that your machine has a Java Server installed in preparation for the two required Web Adaptors.
- Install the Java ArcGIS Web Adaptor software and deploy ArcGIS Web Adaptor twice on the same machine; one for Portal for ArcGIS and one for ArcGIS Server.
- Verify that your machine has at least 25 GB of free disk space. The location you provide as your installation drive must have a minimum of 23 GB of free disk space for installation to proceed. Additionally, 2 GB of space must be available on the system's /tmp folder to allow for extraction of the setup.
- Verify that your machine has at least 16 GB of RAM.
- Obtain the following files from My Esri:
- An authorization file for ArcGIS Server. This file can be in either .ECP or .PRVC format.
- A .JSON file that contains authorized user types and app bundles for your Enterprise portal.
- Ensure that port 80 is enabled for HTTP communication.
- Create a domain certificate and enable HTTPS on your web server with the assistance of your IT administrator. See the next section for details.
- Log in to the machine as a user with administrative privileges.
- Close all applications on your computer.
You are now ready to proceed with installation steps for the base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.