The mission Overview tab provides a summary of your mission. The mission summary shows the number of members, teams, maps, and additional materials available in the mission, and each can be accessed from this tab.
If you are not the mission owner, the Mission Overview tab is read-only. If you own the mission or have the supported privileges, you can use the Edit button next to the following fields:
This information can be edited before or during the mission. However, this information cannot be changed once the mission enters the Complete status.
Change the mission thumbnail
If you are the mission owner or have the supported privileges, you can change the mission thumbnail to an image relating to your mission.
- Click Edit Thumbnail.
- Drag an image file (.png, .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif) or click Choose File and choose a thumbnail.
- Click Save.
Delete a mission
Mission owners and administrators can delete a mission if it is no longer needed. On the mission Overview tab, complete the following steps:
- Click Delete Mission.
- Click Delete on the confirmation dialog box.
A notification appears and returns you to the View Missions tab.
All content, including the map and data, is deleted.
Create a mission dashboard
A mission dashboard provides insightful views of geographic information that help you monitor events or activities occurring in your mission. Multiple information elements come together on a single screen to provide a comprehensive view of your mission. Although not a required element, the mission dashboard is intended to offer an engaging view of mission data that provides insights for decision making. You can only create a dashboard if you are the mission owner or an administrator who is a member of the mission.
To create a mission dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Mission Details .
- On the Overview tab, click Create Mission Dashboard.
The Create Mission Dashboard modal window appears.
- Fill out the Create Mission Dashboard modal window with the following:
- Title—The preferred name of your dashboard
- Tags—Type words to make the dashboard easily searchable
- Description—Add information relevant to the mission
- Click Create Mission Dashboard to create your dashboard. Optionally, click Cancel to return to the Mission Overview tab.
A notification appears confirming the successful creation of the dashboard and you are directed back to the Mission Overview tab.
The Create Mission Dashboard button changes to Open Mission Dashboard.
The dashboard is saved in My Content on your portal and in the folder of your mission.
After you create your mission dashboard, you can open it and view the data of your mission. Click Open Mission Dashboard to view your dashboard. The following data is available:
- Active Mission Members—The number of ArcGIS Mission Manager and ArcGIS Mission Responder users within your mission.
- Mission Responder—Last Known Locations—The total track count for each Responder user to gain an understanding of where the Responder user last was on the map, as well as their current battery percentage.
- Mission map with tracks—The tracks from any Responder user on the mission map.
- Mission Reports—A running list of any reports that have been sent throughout the lifetime of your mission ordered by most recent first.
- Mission Tasks—TA running list of tasks that have been sent throughout the lifetime of your mission ordered by most recent first.
- Total Mission Reports—The number of reports within the mission.
- Total Mission Tasks—The number of tasks within the mission.
- Mission Chat Log—A running list of chats that have been sent throughout the lifetime of your mission ordered by most recent first.
- Mission Filters Panel—Filter your mission dashboard based on a date and time or filter your tasks based on their current status.
The dashboard updates in real time as information comes into the mission. To expand or view a specific panel of data, hover over the panel and click the Expand button. Click the Expand button again to minimize it.
Edit the mission dashboard
After you create your mission dashboard, you can edit it. You can move, resize, duplicate, and configure the panels of data. To edit your dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Mission Details.
- On the Mission Overview tab, click the drop-down arrow next to the Create Mission Dashboard button.
Your dashboard opens in a new window.
- Optionally, change the layout of the dashboard.
- Click Save to save your changes.