As the owner of a web map, you can disable editing for the editable feature layers in the map through Map Viewer.
Disabling editing on the layer within a map is useful if you want to use an editable feature layer in a read-only map. You might also disable editing on a map to use it in one of the following apps, which honor this setting:
- Map Viewer
- Apps created from the Edit template
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile
- Collector for ArcGIS
The following steps disable editing for the layer in a single map. If you want to disable editing for the layer wherever it is used, modify the editor settings on the layer instead.
- Verify that you are signed in and open the map in Map Viewer.
- Click Details and click Contents.
- Browse to the editable feature layer, click the More Options button , and click Disable Editing.
You must be the owner of the web map and have editing privileges to disable editing on the feature layer.
- Save the map.
When the map is used in one of the apps listed previously, the editing option will not be available for the feature layer.
If you later decide to enable editing for the layer in this map, click the More Options button and click Enable Editing. You can only enable editing on a layer that already has editing enabled at the layer level.