You can create visualizations with both integer and text attributes. To create a smart map visualization, follow these steps:
- Ensure that the dataset you want to visualize is zoomed in far enough to display all the features on the map.
- In the attributes list, click on an attribute that has a map visualization icon.
- A legend will appear at the top right of the map.
- Whole number values will be visualized with choropleth symbolization.
- Decimal number values will be visualized with graduated symbolization.
- Text values will be visualized with choropleth symbolization.
- Values from datasets on older versions of ArcGIS Server may not be smart mapped.
Map visualizations are limited to fields that have 20 or fewer unique values.