To publish ArcGIS Server web services that access the data in your Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance, your ArcGIS Server site must connect to Teradata. To configure that connection, you need to do the following:
- Install Teradata client software on the ArcGIS Server machines and the ArcGIS Desktop client machines.
- Set variables on the ArcGIS Server machines.
- Grant privileges on the data to be published.
- Connect to the data warehouse appliance.
- Register the connection file with your ArcGIS Server site.
Install the Teradata client files
You must install the following files on the ArcGIS client machines that will connect to Teradata:
- Teradata ICU library
- Teradata GSS client package
- Teradata ODBC driver
If you do not have the privileges to install software on the machines where ArcGIS clients are running, you'll need to have your IT department install the Teradata client files for you.
If you are connecting from ArcMap (a 32-bit ArcGIS client), you must install 32-bit Teradata files. To connect from ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Pro (64-bit ArcGIS clients), you must install 64-bit Teradata files. See Connect to Teradata from ArcGIS for more information.
You must set variables in the ArcGIS Server init_user_param.sh script when connecting to Teradata from ArcGIS Server on a Linux machine.
See Configure a database connection for ArcGIS Server for more information.
The login used to connect to the database must have specific privileges granted to it. For logins that will only publish read-only services, grant the privileges for a data viewer as described in Privileges for using ArcGIS with Teradata. For logins that will publish editable feature services, grant the privileges for a data editor.
The data owner can grant the required privileges to the data from ArcGIS or the database administrator can use database tools to grant the required privileges.
Connect to Teradata
You'll need the following information to register a Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance with an ArcGIS Server site:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, Teradata).
- The ODBC data source name for the Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance.
- Authentication type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported).
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection.
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from ArcGIS Server Manager, the Manage registered data stores pane in ArcGIS Pro, or the Catalog tree in ArcMap. See the following for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: