To publish ArcGIS Server web services that access the data in your Dameng database, your ArcGIS Server site must connect to the database. To configure that connection, do the following:
- Install Dameng client software on the ArcGIS Server machines and the ArcGIS Desktop client machines.
- Grant privileges on the data to be published.
- Connect to the database.
- Register the connection file with your ArcGIS Server site.
Install the Dameng DM client
A DM client is needed on all ArcGIS client machines that will connect to Dameng.
You can download the DM client from Dameng Customer Support. Follow the instructions provided by Dameng to install the DM client. If you do not have the privileges to install software on the machines where ArcGIS clients are running, you'll need to have your IT department install the DM client for you.
- Download and install the 64-bit DM client on your ArcGIS Server machine. See Configure a database connection for ArcGIS Server for information on preparing your ArcGIS Server installation to connect to Dameng.
- If you will create a connection file from ArcGIS Pro, install the 64-bit DM client on the ArcGIS Pro machine.
Users who connect to the database must be granted specific privileges. For logins that will only publish read-only services, grant the privileges for a data viewer as described in Privileges for using ArcGIS with Dameng. For logins that will publish editable feature services, grant the privileges necessary for a data editor.
The data owner can grant the required privileges to the data from ArcGIS or the database administrator can use database tools to grant the required privileges.
Connect to Dameng
To connect to a Dameng database from an ArcGIS Server site, you'll need the following information:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, Dameng).
- The name of the server where Dameng is installed.
- Authentication type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported).
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection.
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from ArcGIS Server Manager, the Manage registered data stores pane in ArcGIS Pro. See the following for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: