Using ArcMap, you can share your services as items with your ArcGIS organization. The backend for your organization can be ArcGIS Online or your own deployment of Portal for ArcGIS.
If the backend is Portal for ArcGIS, you'll first need to connect ArcMap to your organization before publishing. See Manage ArcMap portal connections for full instructions.
To get started, follow the steps below.
- Follow the instructions in How to publish a service. When you reach the Service Editor, move on to the next step.
- On the left pane of the Service Editor, click the Sharing tab and sign in if necessary.
- On the Sharing panel, choose how your item will be shared:
- My Content—Selecting this option only references the service in your personal workspace named My Content. The item is inaccessible to other users.
- Everyone (public)—Selecting this option makes your service public. This means anybody can access and see your service, including users on the web.
- Members of these groups—You can keep your service semiprivate by sharing it only with groups you belong to. A current list of groups you belong to appears once you select this option.
- Portal for ArcGIS—If you're adding an item to Portal for ArcGIS, this check box will display. Selecting this option allows the item to be shared with all authenticated users in the organization.
- Complete the steps in How to publish a service to add your service as an item.