Below are feature updates for Enterprise Sites that are part of each release of ArcGIS Enterprise. To provide feedback on upcoming functionality, sign up for the User Research Lab.
- When adding content to a site, a re-designed interface allows you to enter basic metadata, and set access permissions upon upload. The new workflow also handles error messages in a better way.
- You can now add Microsoft PowerPoint files (.ppt, .pptx) to the content library; these files are typically used to create presentations or slides.
- Enterprise Sites zooms to the geographic extent of a dataset's features by default on a content preview page. Content managers can now define and update an item’s extent directly from the content details page.
- In an explore view, users can add a geographic feature to a dataset or map and filter to its location. You can also filter to an enlarged area (buffer) around a drawn feature to contain data of interest. Enter a distance for the buffer around the relevant point, line, or area.
- Services with Time Info enabled in ArcGIS Enterprise will automatically display a Time slider. This allows the user to animate and filter the service's data by the time attribute.
- Once you use the main search bar on a site or page, another search bar is added directly above the results.
- When editing a site, you can now access a user profile menu in the Layout Editor that displays your username (as signed in).
- Configure the content side panel to be open or closed by default (appears for explore views of content), based on an item's content family (for site editors). Supported content family types are Apps, Maps, Datasets, Documents, and Surveys.
- Look for upcoming changes in base font size and rem units in sites (rem = a relative size text format). See details in this Esri Community post.
- Look for new accessibility guidance on the Gallery Card, as well as Site Settings and Theme, on how to underline links to meet the ’WCAG 1.4.1 Use of Color guideline. Learn more about how to design sites for accessibility and how this product meets accessibility requirements in this ArcGIS Enterprise Sites report.
- Increase the time a chart card or summary statistics card will wait to connect to a server before showing an error message (while setting up the card). This primarily applies to users with very large services.
- If you encounter a 'Page Not Found' while in Sites, there is now a direct link to the site home page.
- Click anywhere on a site or page layout card to open it in edit mode.
- View the new content pages for items shared through a site's search catalog.
- The API explorer is now available on the side panel for datasets that have an exposed API endpoint.
- Add a thumbnail and description for content using the new content details page.
- Tooltips represented by icons are now keyboard navigable.
- Enable one-click sharing to add a button on a site and its pages for sharing to social media.
- Add an accordion menu to condense information, such as frequently asked questions, into an expandable menu on a site or page.
- Create drafts of sites and pages prior to publishing your changes.
- Send a preview link of a draft version of a site or page to others.
- Set the visibility of a row on a site or page to limit content to select groups.
- Delete sites and pages, including their groups, individually or all at once.
- Brand your site's sign in prompt with a theme and logo set in the enterprise organization settings.
- Feature definitions and tips now appear after a new site has been created.
- Control the visibility of your sites and pages and grant edit access to select groups with redesigned sharing options.
- Enable a new sidebar th at will appear on select item type pages and feature supported download options.
- Choose the right card when designing a site or page layout with the help of summary text.
- Customize the display of galleries on a site or page using the new style options available on the gallery card.
- Add a YouTube icon to a header using a menu link.
- StoryMaps and Web Experience items are now available in the item picker when adding new content to your site's library.
- Edit metadata for certain items within the Enterprise application.
- Create maps within the Enterprise application with the new map builder.
- Improved content management workflows enable non-GIS users who are part of a core team to add content to a site without needing to navigate within ArcGIS Enterprise. These new workflows include the ability upload content using a URL and by selecting existing items. For more information, see add content to a site.
- The Sites Overview page now includes a side panel for accessing recent content more quickly.
- You can apply advanced class names to rows for CSS targeting in custom rules. You can also apply `<video>` tags in any custom HTML.
- Sites settings now includes the ability to enable information banners in the Sites application.
- Improvements to the gallery card and category card include more options for choosing what content you display on your sites and pages. The gallery card now updates automatically based on modifications made to your site's content library. You can also select additional groups of items to display using this card. Both the gallery and category cards now support multiple tags and collections, as well.
- Pages added to your site are now listed in alphabetical order for easier navigation.
- The JSAPI version has been upgraded to 4.14+ to get clustering on maps.
- The option to reorganize, rename, and hide search collections provides greater flexibility in how your site's content is organized on its search page.
- You can now clone sites and pages to create additional versions of a layout.