If you want to modify ArcGIS Server to use a different ArcGIS Web Adaptor, for example, you want to change the name of the Web Adaptor or the name of the machine hosting ArcGIS Web Adaptor, you're required to first unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your ArcGIS Server site.
You'll use the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory to unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your ArcGIS Server site. You can only unregister through the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory; the unregister functionality is not available from the ArcGIS Web Adaptor configuration page.
To unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor, follow the steps below.
- Open the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory and sign in as an administrator of your site. The URL is formatted https://gisserver.domain.com:6443/arcgis/admin.
- Click System > Web Adaptors.
- On the Web Adaptors page, click the string representing ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
- On the Web Adaptor page, ensure that the URL listed refers to the Web Adaptor you would like to unregister. Click Unregister.
- On the Unregister Web Adaptor page, click Unregister Web Adaptor. ArcGIS Web Adaptor is unregistered with your ArcGIS Server site.
- Configure the new ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your ArcGIS Server site. For full instructions, see the configuring topic for .
If your intention is to completely remove the previous ArcGIS Web Adaptor from your ArcGIS Server site, it is recommended that you uninstall ArcGIS Web Adaptor after following the steps above. Uninstalling deletes all ArcGIS Web Adaptor configuration details from the site and blocks members and clients from accessing the site through the unregistered ArcGIS Web Adaptor URL. For full instructions, see Uninstall ArcGIS Web Adaptor.