ArcGIS Web Adaptor can be installed silently using command line parameters as described below. Alternatively, you can install from the user interface.
Installation behavior and requirements
The version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor must always match the version of its registered ArcGIS Server site.
You can have a 10.2.1 or later version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed alongside an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor on the same machine. For example, you can have a 10.1 SP1 version and a 10.7.1 version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed on the same web server.
Each Web Adaptor must have its own unique name; you cannot have two Web Adaptors with the same name on a single web server.
Upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor
To upgrade an earlier version of ArcGIS Web Adaptor to 10.7.1, you need to uninstall the earlier version, and install the 10.7.1 setup. During the 10.7.1 installation, you'll specify the same name as your earlier Web Adaptor. This guarantees your Web Adaptor URL will remain identical to the earlier version.
After installing 10.7.1, you need to configure ArcGIS Web Adaptor with its corresponding ArcGIS Server site.
At 10.2 and earlier versions, running the setup upgraded all existing Web Adaptors to the latest version.
Install ArcGIS Web Adaptor silently
- Before beginning the installation, read the master agreement located at <CD_ROOT or untar directory>/Documentation/EULA.pdf, and accept the terms.
- Run the setup silently at the prompt. Sample syntax:
<CD_ROOT or untar directory>/Setup -m silent -l yes
Usage: Setup [Options]
-m; --mode MODE
Optional. Defaults to GUI.
MODE is either silent or gui.
-l; --license-agreement CHOICE
Required for silent mode. CHOICE either Yes or No. Yes indicates that you have read and agreed to the Esri Master Agreement (E204, E300). Please visit http://www.esri.com/legal/licensing-translations to read the agreement.
-d; --directory DIRECTORY
Optional. By default, ArcGIS Web Adaptor is installed to your $HOME directory. DIRECTORY specifies a different installation directory.
The path /arcgis/webadaptor10.7.1/ is appended to the installation directory.
The name of the installation directory should be lowercase. The samples and data installed require the data path to be lowercase.
It is recommended that you do not install ArcGIS Web Adaptor to a remote network drive. If the remote drive is not accessible at uninstallation time, the uninstallation could fail and leave files behind.
Installer runs in verbose mode.
Displays command line help and exits.
Displays usage examples of these options and exits.
- Browse to the ArcGIS Web Adaptor installation folder. Deploy the arcgis.war file to your Java application server. For instructions on how to deploy a .war file, refer to the documentation for your Java application server.
- Optionally, to deploy multiple Web Adaptors on the host machine, redeploy the arcgis.war file as necessary. If you're deploying multiple Web Adaptors on the same website (port), they need to use different names; for example, two Web Adaptors named arcgis cannot exist on the same website. If you want multiple Web Adaptors with the same name, you need to install them on separate websites (ports).
- Connect ArcGIS Web Adaptor to your ArcGIS Server site by completing the steps in Configuring ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
After installation, ArcGIS Web Adaptor will display in the language specified by your Java application server. To change the language, consult the product documentation for your Java application server.