The Add Attachment step allows you to add file attachments to a job. When the step is run, a Browse button appears in the job tile to allow files to be attached to the job. If help text was configured for the step, it appears at the bottom of the job tile.
If a list of accepted file types was configured for the step, you can only attach allowed file types to the job.
Once an attachment is uploaded, you can do the following:
- Update the name in the Alias text box.
- Click the Download Attachment button to download an attachment.
- Click the Delete Attachment button to delete an attachment.
To view a job's attachments in the Details panel, click the Attachments tab .
You can also perform the following actions when the step is run:
- Click Pause to pause the step.
If the step is paused, uploaded attachments remain attached to the job and the alias can't be updated.
- Click Proceed to finish the step.
If the step has not been configured with Can Be Skipped, the step must be run at least once before it can be finished.
Configure the step
Complete these steps to configure the Add Attachment step:
- Create or edit a workflow diagram to access the Step Library panel.
- Drag Add Attachment from the Step Library to a connection arrow of a step on the workflow canvas.
The Step Details panel appears.
- Provide a name for the step in the Step Name text box.
- Optionally, provide a description for the step in the Step Description text box.
- Configure step options in the Options section as necessary.
- Automatically Executes—Runs the step as soon as it becomes active.
- Can Be Skipped—Allows the step to be finished without being run.
- In the Logic section, add the message you want to appear when the step is run in the User Prompt text box.
- Optionally, provide the name of the folder in which attachments will be stored in the Folder text box.
The folder name can't contain special characters.
If a folder name isn't provided, a folder named General is automatically created.
- Provide a comma separated list of file extensions for the types of files that can be attached in the Restrict Input To The Following File Types text box.
If a list of file extensions is not specified in the Restrict Input To The Following File Types text box, the types of files that can be attached to the job are limited by your ArcGIS Enterprise portal configuration.
- Optionally, click the Help tab and provide help text for the step in the Help text box.
- Optionally, click the Style tab to change the shape and color of the step.
When the step finishes running, it sends a return code to indicate the result of the step. The return code is evaluated, and the workflow follows all paths that match the step's return value. The following table lists the step's return code:
The step completed successfully.