The Workflow Manager setup package detects and upgrades an existing installation of Workflow Manager Server.
If you are upgrading from Workflow Manager Server 10.8.1 or 10.9 directly to 11.1, you must remove and reconfigure the password in your email notification settings.
Complete the following steps to upgrade Workflow Manager Server:
- If you local configured local resources for a disconnected deployment, create a backup of the appconfig.json file.
- If you are upgrading from Workflow Manager Server 10.8, 10.8.1, or 10.9, you must uninstall the Workflow Manager web app from your instance of Portal for ArcGIS.
If you are upgrading from Workflow Manager Server 10.9.1 or later, you do not need to uninstall the Workflow Manager web app before upgrading. The Workflow Manager web app is automatically upgraded with ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise to version 11.2.
The Workflow Manager web app is included with Portal for ArcGIS starting at 10.9.1.
- Upgrade Workflow Manager Server to version 11.2.
- Add properties to the Workflow Manager configuration file as necessary.
- Upgrade your workflow items.