Before you can begin adding counters to monitor and record system metrics, you need to add a monitor service to your collection in ArcGIS Monitor Administrator. Complete these steps to add a monitor service to a collection:
- Start Monitor Administrator.
The Connections view appears.
- Click Open on the ArcGIS Monitor Server application connection to which you want to add a monitor service.
The collection pane appears.
- Click a collection in the tree view to choose it.
- Right-click the collection to which you want to add a monitor service and click Add Monitor Service.
The New Monitor Service dialog box appears.
- Type a name for the monitor service in the Name text box.
- Type a port number for the monitor service in the Communication Port text box.
- Click Add.
The new monitor service appears in the tree view and a confirmation message appears, informing you that the monitor service was created successfully.
Now that you’ve added a monitor service to your collection, continue with Set Windows service permissions.