The credentials of the ArcGIS Monitor Service are used for Windows System, Process, RDP, and DB ODBC counter types. The user account must have network connectivity and Windows administrator privileges for each target machine. If granting Windows administrator privileges is not possible, you'll need to configure WMI for nonadministrator accounts. The user account should also be set to Password never expires.
Complete these steps to set Windows service permissions:
- Start the Windows Services manager.
- Right-click the ArcGIS Monitor Service <Name> service that needs to be updated and click Properties.
- Click the Log On tab.
- Update the user name and password fields as necessary.
Use domain\user syntax for remote user accounts.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
- Right-click the ArcGIS Monitor Service <Name> service in the Windows Services manager and click Restart.
Now that you've set Windows service permissions, continue with Counters in ArcGIS Monitor.