The following sections describe how to solve common Windows services problems.
ArcGIS Monitor Server service does not start or is paused
Open the ReportServerLog.log file in the <Installation location>\ArcGIS Monitor\Server\logs directory and look for errors. The most common cause is the ArcGIS Monitor Server service ports are not available. Run netstat -ano at the command prompt to determine if the ArcGIS Monitor Server service port number is being used by another application.
ArcGIS Monitor services do not restart automatically after machine reboot
Confirm that the Windows service recovery settings are configured correctly. For more information, see Configure recovery settings for Windows services.
Missing monitor service
If the monitor service you created is not visible in ArcGIS Monitor Administrator, one of the following two possibilities may be the cause:
- The ArcGIS Monitor Server service was not running when the monitor service was created.
- The token timed out before the monitor service was created.
Complete these steps to resolve the issue:
- Start the Windows Services manager.
- Right-click the ArcGIS Monitor Service <Name> service that's missing and click Properties.
- Write down the service name and click Stop.
- Start a command prompt as an administrator on the machine where the Monitor Server application is installed.
- Type the following command in the command prompt:
sc delete <Service name>
- Verify that the ArcGIS Monitor Server service is running in the Windows Services manager and start it if necessary.
- Start ArcGIS Monitor Administrator.
- Click Open on the Monitor Server application connection you want to associate with the monitor service.
The collection pane appears.
- Click the collection that you want to associate with the monitor service.
- Right-click the collection and click Import Monitor Service.
- Browse to the <Installation location>\ArcGIS Monitor\Administrator\resources\app\collector\defs directory and choose the .cpj file for the missing monitor service.
To find the name of the monitor service for a .cpj file, open the file in a text editor. The service name is the name parameter located at the top of the file.
- [開く] をクリックします。
- Right-click the imported monitor service and click Register.
- If necessary, update the Log On credentials for the monitor service.
For more information, see Update monitor service credentials in Windows.
- Right-click the ArcGIS Monitor Server service in the Windows Services manager and click Restart.
The service is now visible in ArcGIS Monitor Administrator.