Root cause analysis (RCA) reports identify candidates for the source of a critical alert and the downstream impacts of the alert condition for each 10-minute collection interval. Time periods with no alerts are not listed. Consecutive 10-minute intervals with the same sources and impacts are grouped.
- Follow the steps in Access the ArcGIS Monitor Server application.
- Click RCA on the main menu.
The Root Cause Analysis Reports view appears.
- Click the Set Time drop-down arrow and choose a time range.
The Time Range fields are read-only and display the time range chosen in the Set Time drop-down list.
- Click the Collection drop-down arrow and choose a collection.
- Click Execute.
- Click the Reports drop-down arrow and choose a report.
- Optionally, for the Sources & Impacts by Time report, click the Bins drop-down arrow and choose a bin.
Some bins may only have a source alert with no impacts.
- Read the information in the Comments column for details about the source or impact.
- Optionally click a link in the End Time column to view a chart and statistics for the counter alert.
- Optionally, if a link appears in the Name column, click the link to view the URL reference.
For more information about the table columns in the RCA reports view, see Alerts glossary.