Portal counters allow you to track information for Portal for ArcGIS instances running on ArcGIS Server 10.2 or later. Make sure you have the portal initial administrator credentials and URL before adding a portal counter.
Complete these steps to add a portal counter:
- Start Monitor Administrator.
The Connections view appears.
- Click Open on the Monitor Server application connection to which you want to add the counter.
The collection pane appears.
- In the tree view, expand the collection and monitor service to which you want to add the counter.
- Click Portal in the tree view to choose it.
- Right-click Portal and click Add.
- Expand Portal in the tree view and click New Portal.
The Config tab appears.
- Type a name for the counter in the Name text box.
- Use the following sample to add the Site Url:
- Use one of the following samples to add the Token Url:
Portal for ArcGIS 10.2.x through 10.4.x
Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.x or later
If your organization uses a different token path, ensure you enter the correct path.
- Click Add Credential.
The Add Credential dialog box appears.
- Type a name for the credential in the Name text box.
- Type a user name in the User text box.
For portal credentials
Use the portal administrator user name and password.
For Windows domain with IIS web adaptor
Use the same Windows credentials as the monitoring service.
When using Windows domain credentials with IIS Web Adaptor, make sure the following items are configured:
- The IIS web adaptor must be configured to use Windows authentication, and anonymous authentication must be disabled.
- The ArcGIS Monitor Service <Name> monitoring service must be configured to log in with a domain account that's a member of the Windows Administrator group.
- The Windows service must be restarted after changing credentials to ensure that the proper identity is running the service.
- The Token Url path must be configured to go through the web adaptor.
- The Site Url path must be configured to use the internal port URL (for example, https://<Hostname>.<Domain>.com:7443/arcgis). It can't be configured go through the web adaptor for performance reasons.
- Type the password in the Password text box.
- Click Add.
- Click the Select a credential drop-down arrow and choose a credential.
- Click the Sample Interval drop-down arrow and choose a sample interval.
The recommended sample interval for portal counters is 15 minutes. The sample interval can be reduced to 5 minutes for troubleshooting.
- Optionally type a description in the Description text box.
- Click Test to test the counter.
The test results are displayed below the Test button.
- Click Save to save the counter.
Now you can configure alerts for the counter. You can also view and analyze counter status and metrics in the ArcGIS Monitor Server application by clicking Categories > ArcGIS.