Frequently asked questions about ArcGIS Monitor are listed for reference.
- Are any ArcGIS Monitor components installed on the ArcGIS Enterprise machine or target environment?
- Can ArcGIS Monitor be installed on a virtual machine?
- What counter types are included with ArcGIS Monitor?
- Can other counter types be used with ArcGIS Monitor?
- What versions of ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS can be remotely monitored by ArcGIS Monitor?
- What types of systems can be remotely monitored by ArcGIS Monitor?
- What types of databases can be remotely monitored by ArcGIS Monitor?
- What is the projected storage space growth rate per month?
- How is Web Tier Authentication and Windows Domain Authentication handled in ArcGIS Monitor?
- What types of reports are available in ArcGIS Monitor?
Yes, ArcGIS Monitor can be installed on a virtual machine (VM) if the operating system and hardware requirements of the VM and the operating system of the host machine meet the system requirements.
Yes, extensions can be downloaded from the ArcGIS Monitor gallery to add support for additional counter types.
Raw data in ArcGIS Monitor is continually aggregated and truncated when more than 14 days old. Only aggregate data (day, month, year) is stored after that. The size of the database will grow rapidly in the first 14 days and then stabilize. Once you have 14 days of data, a growth rate of 1 GB per month is typical.
Refer to the following table for a list of available report types in ArcGIS Monitor:
|Report type||Counter type||Extension required|
System Log Parser (Error logs for ArcGIS only)
ArcGIS Data Store (Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle)
File Read Write
System Log Parser (ArcGIS and Elastic Load Balancer for Amazon)
System Log Parser (IIS)
Custom Extension counters (Command, Python, and so on)
Desktop License Extension
Counters that require an extension can be downloaded from the ArcGIS Monitor gallery.