Use the Add Data Store Machines to the site button in ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure in the following scenarios:
- You created a single-tier, base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment but require a graph store, object store, or spatiotemporal big data store, which should run on separate machines from other ArcGIS components.
- After creating a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on Microsoft Azure, you determine that your organization needs the functionality or an app that requires a spatiotemporal big data store, tile cache data store, graph store, or object store.
- You created a deployment on Azure that includes a spatiotemporal big data store, tile cache data store, or object store but you need to add more machines to it to store the volume of data your apps and tools are generating.
Примечание:You can add a machine to an object store only if you included at least three machines in the object store when you created it.
Follow these steps to add a data store to your deployment, or add a machine to an existing spatiotemporal big data store, tile cache data store, or object store:
- Start ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure.
If you want to use the Microsoft Azure Government cloud and have an Azure Government subscription, check U.S. Government Cloud.
Keep track of the account used when you deploy, because you must sign in with this same account when you upgrade the deployment.
- Choose a Microsoft Azure Active Directory tenant, click Next, choose the Azure subscription that contains the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment to which you want to add a data store or data store machines, and click Next.
- Click the Add Data Store Machines to the site button next to the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment name.
- From the Machine Tier drop-down menu, choose the type of data store you want to add to the deployment.
- Under Machine Administrator, type the password for the Windows login you specified when you created the other virtual machines in the deployment.
The username must match the username used to administer the other virtual machines in the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
- If the existing machines in the deployment are already using an Azure Active Directory domain, you can add the data store machine (or machines) to the domain. To do this, click Domain Join Options and follow these steps:
- On the Domain Join Options dialog box, ensure the Join Existing Windows Domain option is checked.
- Provide the name of the Azure Active Directory domain.
- Provide the username and password for the domain administrator.
- Click Apply.
- Provide the username and password for the primary site administrator of the hosting server.
You specified this information when you deployed ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Type the username and password for the ArcGIS Service Account that you specified to run the ArcGIS component services in the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
- Specify the number of machines to include in the data store, as well as their names and sizes.
An odd number of machines is recommended for tile cache or spatiotemporal big data stores.
If you're adding an object store to an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, you can use one machine—which creates a stand-alone object store that can only ever contain one machine—or you can use three or more machines—which deploys the object store in cluster mode.
- Click Next to proceed to the Deployment Options settings.
- Choose or create a storage account to hold the artifacts Cloud Builder creates when adding a data store. To create a storage account, follow these steps:
- Type a name for the storage account.
Names must be unique. Click Check Availability to confirm the storage account name is unique.
- Choose the Azure region where your storage will reside.
- Choose an existing resource group or create one.
- Choose the type of redundancy for your storage account: Geo-Redundant, Locally Redundant, or Read-Access Geo-Redundant.
See Azure Storage redundancy in the Microsoft Azure documentation for a description of each redundancy option.
- Choose a storage account type from the Kind drop-down list: Storage or StorageV2.
For an explanation of these two types of storage accounts, see the -kind option on the New-AzStorageAccount page in the Microsoft help.
- Click Create.
- Once the storage account is created, click Close.
- Type a name for the storage account.
- Click Next to estimate costs and view a summary of your settings.
- Review the settings in the Summary pane. If anything needs to be changed, click Back to change the information in the Specify Machines pane.
- When all settings are correct, click Finish to add a data store to the portal's hosting server in the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment or to add machines to an existing data store.
Click Save Summary to save your site configuration information to a text file.
- To add another type of ArcGIS Data Store or to add machines to an existing data store in this deployment, repeat steps 4 through 15.