ArcGIS counters allow you to track system information for nonfederated servers running ArcGIS Server 10.2 or later and federated servers running ArcGIS Server 10.3 or later. Ensure that you have the primary ArcGIS Server administrator, portal initial administrator, or publisher user credentials and URL before adding ArcGIS counters.
Complete these steps to add an ArcGIS counter:
- Start ArcGIS Monitor Administrator.
The Connections view appears.
- Click Open on the Monitor Server connection to which you want to add the counter.
The collection pane appears.
- In the tree view, expand the collection and monitor service to which you want to add the counter.
- Click ArcGIS in the tree view to choose it.
- Right-click ArcGIS and click Add.
- Expand ArcGIS in the tree view and click New ArcGIS.
The Config tab appears.
- Type a name for the counter in the Name text box.
- Use one of the following samples to add the Site Url:
https://<Hostname>.<Domain>.com:6443/arcgis https://<Hostname>.<Domain>.com/arcgis http://<Hostname>.<Domain>.com:6080/arcgis http://<Hostname>.<Domain>.com/arcgis
- Use one of the following samples to add the Token Url:
Nonfederated server using GIS Server tier authentication
Nonfederated server using Windows domain with IIS web adaptor
Federated server using GIS Server tier authentication
Federated server using Windows domain with IIS web adaptor
If your organization has a different token path, make sure you enter the correct path.
- Click Add Credential.
The Add Credential dialog box appears.
- Type a name for the credential in the Name text box.
- Type a user name in the User text box.
For nonfederated servers
Use the primary ArcGIS Server administrator user name or a publisher user account.
For federated servers
Use the portal administrator user name.
For Windows domain with IIS web adaptor
Use a domain account with administrator access to IIS web adaptor.
- Type the password in the Password text box.
- Click Add.
- Click the Select a credential drop-down arrow and choose a credential.
- Choose a sample interval in the Sample Interval drop-down menu.
The recommended sample interval for ArcGIS counters is 15 minutes, especially when monitoring more than 100 services. The sample interval can be reduced to 5 minutes for troubleshooting.
- Optionally type a description in the Description text box.
- Click Test to test the counter.
The test results are displayed below the Test button.
- Click Save to save the counter.
Now you can configure alerts for the counter. You can also view and analyze counter status and metrics in the ArcGIS Monitor Server application by clicking Categories > ArcGIS.