Follow these steps to configure ArcGIS Data Store for use with an ArcGIS Enterprise portal:
- Configure ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS.
You must create an ArcGIS GIS Server site to be used as the ArcGIS Enterprise portal's hosting server before you can create a data store.
- Install ArcGIS Data Store.
- If you require communication with ArcGIS Data Store to always authenticate through SSL using a certificate from a certifying authority, replace the default ArcGIS Data Store certificate.
- Create a relational data store.
- If you require high availability for the data store, add a data store machine.
- Specify a shared location for backups.
- If you require that different types of data stores be used with the portal's hosting server, repeat steps 2 through 6 on additional machines. In step 4, create the additional data store type that you require.
See Esri technical article 25639, which includes links to technical papers to help you deploy a tile cache data store to meet your hosted scene layer needs.