The No Operation Processor takes no action and has no effect on event records it receives. Event records pass through the processor as if it did not exist. The processor could be used in a GeoEvent Service as a stub or placeholder for another processor you want to configure later, allowing you to focus on designing and testing other parts of a GeoEvent Service.
- A No Operation Processor can be used as a placeholder processor in your GeoEvent Service design.
- The processor can be used as a single collection point for event records from multiple sources before passing them along to additional filters, processors, or outputs. Since the No Operation Processor takes no action, using it as a single collection point for event records is cosmetic to the GeoEvent Service design.
- The No Operation Processor can be used to troubleshoot a published GeoEvent Service that is not working as expected. Configuring the processor to perform no operation effectively removes it from the GeoEvent Service without forcing the GeoEvent Service's workflow to be redrawn.
- The processor can be used for designing a processing and filtering workflow in a GeoEvent Service before development on an element has been completed. Once development of the components is completed, a No Operation Processor can be reconfigured as another type of processor.
- The processor can be used to demonstrate how to temporarily turn off the processing being performed by other elements of a GeoEvent Service. By configuring an existing processor as a No Operation Processor and republishing the GeoEvent Service, the processing being performed by GeoEvent Server can be highlighted.
A descriptive name for the processor used for reference in GeoEvent Manager.
The name of the selected processor.