The Push JSON to an External Website Output Connector can be used to push event data, adapted and formatted as generic JSON, to an external website. ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, as a client, pushes JSON to the external website using an HTTP/POST request.
- This output connector adapts event data as generic JSON as opposed to feature JSON or GeoJSON.
- This output connector pairs the Generic JSON Outbound Adapter with the HTTP Outbound Transport.
- A generic JSON record does not have to contain data which represents a geometry. Non-spatial data can be sent to an external website.
- Query parameters can be specified separately in the Parameters property or constructed as part of the URL property.
- This output connector assumes the external web server or web service will accept HTTP/POST requests without requiring authentication. For external websites requiring authentication, consider creating a custom output connector which uses the Generic JSON Outbound Adapter and an HTTP Outbound Transport that supports basic, certificate, or OAuth authentication.
A descriptive name for the output connector used for reference in GeoEvent Manager.
The base URL of the external website data will be pushed to. GeoEvent Server will issue an HTTP/POST request to the URL to send the JSON data.
Header Parameter Name:Value List
The parameters to include in a request’s HTTP header when an external web server or web service is polled. The header parameters should be specified using Name:Value pairs (colon included) separated by commas.
Specifies whether the generic JSON will be formatted (prettified). Also known as PJSON. The default for this property is No.
Specifies a query parameter (or multiple query parameters) to append to the base URL. Query parameters are specific to each web service and are not supported by all services. When supported, query parameters help specify data of particular interest. This property has no default value.
Use URL Proxy
Specifies whether GeoEvent Server will use a URL proxy when making its HTTP requests. The default is No.
The URL proxy to use when making an HTTP request. This property has no default value.
This property is shown when the Use URL Proxy is set to Yes and is hidden when set to No.
Post body MIME Type
Specifies the MIME type of data included in the HTTP/POST request's content body. MIME types typically consist of a type/subtype structure and are used to specify the internet media type(s) used and accepted by an HTTP client/server. This connector specifies the following MIME type for JSON, which is the default for this property: application/json.
HTTP Timeout (in seconds)
Specifies the maximum time (in seconds) the output connector will wait for a response from the external web service it has issued a HTTP/POST request to. The value must be an integer between 1 and 2147483. The default value is 30 seconds (the HTTP/POST request will timeout after 30 seconds if no response is received).