You can create a notebook or a copy of an existing sample notebook in your organization if you have the privileges to create and edit notebooks. You can also add an existing notebook from your computer. You can create notebooks and manage running notebooks from the ArcGIS Notebooks home page. Notebooks you create, add, and that are shared with your organization can be found on the home page, where you can search for them using the search function or filter by date created, date modified, or tags.
To create a notebook or a copy of a sample notebook from the Notebooks home page, follow these steps:
- Sign in as a user with privileges to create notebooks.
- On the navigation bar of your organization, click Notebook.
The Notebooks home page opens.
- From the Notebooks home page, do one of the following:
- To create a notebook, click New Notebook and choose a notebook runtime from the drop-down list.
- To create a copy of a sample notebook, click the Esri sample notebooks tab and choose a sample notebook.
Your notebook opens.
- Optionally, open and edit notebooks you own from the My notebooks tab, or notebooks that have been shared with you from the Shared notebooks tab. Click the Options button (...) to do one of the following:
- Preview or View item details of notebooks that you own (in My Notebooks) or that have been shared with you (in Shared notebooks).
- Delete notebook items that you own (in My Notebooks).
Add a notebook from your computer
If you have a notebook file (.ipynb) saved to your device, you can upload it to your content. When uploaded, it is added as a new item and its item details page opens.
- Verify that you are signed in and have privileges to create content.
- From the My Content tab of the content page, click New item and click Your device.
- Choose the notebook file on your device.
- Type a title.
- Choose a folder in My Content where you want to save the notebook.
- If your organization's administrator has configured content categories, click Assign Category and select up to 20 categories to help people find your item.
- Optionally, type tags that describe your item. Separate the terms with commas (for example, Data analysis is considered one tag; Data, analysis is considered two tags). As you type, you can select any of the suggested tags that appear; suggestions are generated from tags you have added previously.
- Select a runtime to use with your notebook.
The available notebook runtimes are determined by your notebook privileges.
- Click Save.
A static preview of a notebook will be generated each time the notebook is saved in the notebook editor.
The notebook preview will not include rendering of map widgets that are in the notebook. Map widgets are only rendered in the notebook and will not be rendered in the static preview included with the result of a scheduled task.