ArcGIS Notebooks provide a versatile web-based interface for powerful geospatial data analysis in your ArcGIS Enterprise portal. With notebooks, you can perform analysis, automate workflows, and immediately visualize data and analysis results in a geographic context.
Notebooks are an efficient, modern environment that combine code, on-the-fly visualizations and maps, and data tools. In the notebook editor, you can write, document, and run Python code in one place.
ArcGIS Notebooks provide an integrated platform to create, share, and run data science, data management, and administrative scripts. Notebook authors get access to ArcGIS Server and its powerful analytical engines, Esri's Python resources — the ArcGIS API for Python and ArcPy — and popular open-source analytical, statistical, and machine learning libraries.
Python has long been a vibrant part of the ArcGIS platform, and ArcGIS Notebooks bring the power and versatility of Python scripting directly into your ArcGIS Enterprise portal. The API allows you to incorporate dynamic maps and geospatial data tools into your notebooks.
All ArcGIS Notebooks run on ArcGIS Server licensed with the ArcGIS Notebook Server role. Once this server is federated with your portal, a notebook can be created just like a layer or a web app from the portal website. ArcGIS Notebooks use identity-based security as any other item in your portal - administrators have control over who can create, share, edit, and view them.
Notebooks in ArcGIS Enterprise open up new data science, spatial analysis, and administrative possibilities for your organization, from a centrally accessible and intuitive interface.
Harness a robust data science toolkit
ArcGIS Notebooks run the most powerful spatial data science tools available. Using your expertise, skill, and imagination, you can leverage hosted notebooks to answer new questions, drive surprising insights, and create beautiful visualizations of your data. ArcGIS Notebook Server includes hundreds of Python libraries, enabling a full range of capabilities. This united platform allows you to create end-to-end analytical workflows that do it all:
- Automate data collection and cleaning, so you can get right to work.
- Build predictive models to inform your organizational strategy and direction.
- Apply advanced statistical tools such as tree-based methods, neural networks, and Bayesian techniques.
- Harness popular machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn and TensorFlow.
- Integrate your analyses with the full suite of ArcGIS mapping capabilities.
- Promote transparency and reproducibility by sharing and documenting your code.
Perform administrative and content management tasks
ArcGIS Notebooks offer administrators and content managers the ability to automate tasks in their Web GIS. Using notebooks, you can perform workflows such as:
- Check portal items for insecure URLs and broken links.
- Validate your federated servers and registered data stores.
- Create service reports to list all the services in a folder.
- Set up notifications for expired licenses.