Disabling anonymous access
Anonymous access is the ability to use portal resources without supplying user credentials. As an Administrator of your organization, you determine whether anonymous access is allowed. As a security best practice, it is recommended that you disable anonymous access for your portal.
- Sign in to the portal website as an Administrator of your organization and click the Edit Settings button.
- Click the Security link on the left side of the page.
- Uncheck the Allow anonymous access to your portal option.
- Click Save to apply your change.
- If you're using web tier authentication (that is, you're performing authentication through ArcGIS Web Adaptor), disable anonymous access on your web server. For instructions, consult your web server's product documentation.