Insights for ArcGIS is an app you access through your portal that allows you to perform iterative and exploratory data analysis on ArcGIS web services, Excel spreadsheets, and data stored in databases.
Purchase and download Insights for ArcGIS entitlements through My Esri, and import the entitlements in the ArcGIS Portal Directory. You can then provision Insights licenses to members of your portal through the portal website.
Configure Insights for ArcGIS licenses for your organization
After you install and configure Insights for ArcGIS, configure Insights licenses using the following steps. The portal you specify to manage licenses is known as the licensing portal. Insights connects to this portal to obtain licensing information for members of your organization. If your organization has multiple portals, ensure the portal you specify is the one you want to use to manage Insights licenses.
- Log in to My Esri and click My Organizations > Licensing > Create New Provisioning File.
- Choose Additional Portal Products from the Product Type list.
The Version, License Type, Provision, and File Type options populate automatically.
- Click Apply.
- Choose the number of named users you need in the Allocate column of the products list. Click Next.
- Provide the contact and address information for your organization.
Click Populate user fields from my profile and Populate organization fields from my organization to automatically enter the information associated with your account.
- Specify the delivery option for your license file. Optionally add a description or note to your request.
- Click Review File and verify the provisioning information.
- Click Create File.
Depending on the delivery option you specified, the file is available for download immediately or attached to an email sent to the address you specified.
- Save the file in a directory that is accessible to the portal machine.
- Open a web browser and sign in to the ArcGIS Portal Directory as a member of the default administrator role in your portal organization. The URL is formatted as https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin, where portal.domain.com is the fully qualified machine name where Portal for ArcGIS is installed.
The portal you sign in to becomes the licensing portal for your organization.
- Click System > Licenses > Import Entitlements.
- Browse to and select the Insights for ArcGIS entitlements file you generated from My Esri.
- Choose Insights from the Application drop-down list.
- Click Import to configure your portal for Insights for ArcGIS licenses.
Provision Insights for ArcGIS licenses in Portal for ArcGIS
Once you've configured Insights licenses for your organization, assign licenses to yourself and your portal members. See Manage licenses for full instructions.
You can only provision Insights licenses to portal members within membership level 2.
Portal members who are licensed to use Insights can access it through the Apps button in the header of the portal website.
Remove entitlements for Insights for ArcGIS
If your organization decides to stop using Insights for ArcGIS, you can remove the entitlements from your portal using the following steps:
- Remove the Insights for ArcGIS license from each portal member account that was assigned one.
- Sign in to the portal website as a member of the default administrator role.
- Click My Organization > Manage Licenses > Additional Products.
Note that if your portal does not have ArcGIS Pro entitlements, you will not see the Additional Products tab.
- To remove licenses from one member at a time, click the hyperlink in the Licensed for column. To remove licenses from multiple members, click each member to add them to the Selected Members list and click Configure.
- Uncheck ArcGIS Insights under Esri Applications and click Update.
- Open a web browser and sign in to the ArcGIS Portal Directory for the licensing portal. Sign in as a member of the default administrator role in your portal organization. The URL is formatted as https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/portaladmin, where portal.domain.com is the fully qualified machine name where Portal for ArcGIS is installed.
- Click System > Licenses > Remove All Entitlements.
- Choose Insights from the Application drop-down menu.
- Click Remove All Entitlements for application.