Owners of hosted tile layers and administrators can manage the following settings specific to hosted tile layers:
- The number and scale of tiles in the layer
- The minimum and maximum scales at which a hosted tile layer will draw when added to a map
- Whether a hosted tile layer can be taken offline
Note that you cannot manage minimum and maximum scales or the offline mode on hosted tile layers if the source data or hosted feature layer that your hosted tile layer was published from is no longer accessible. Similarly, if your hosted tile layer was published from a hosted feature layer, you cannot build tiles for areas that fall outside the visible range set for the hosted feature layer.
Manage hosted tile layer settings
Follow these steps to create tiles, change the visible range, and manage the offline mode of a hosted tile layer:
- Sign in as the owner of the web layer, an administrator, or with an account that has privileges to update all members' items.
- Open the hosted tile layer's item page.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll to the Tile Layer (Hosted) Settings section.
- Click Show Details to see the current status of existing tiles.
- Make any of the following changes:
- Set the Visible Range option using the slider or drop-down lists to choose the minimum and maximum scales at which a hosted tile layer will draw when added to a map.
- To build additional tiles, click Create Tiles, check the scales at which you want tiles to be created, and click Create Tiles.
- Check Allow this layer to be downloaded and used in an offline map to allow others to include a hosted tile layer in a map that will be taken offline.
- Click Save when you're finished.