The Time Slider widget enables you to view temporal layers in a map, and play the map to see how the data changes over time. Using this widget, you can control the animation of the data with buttons to play/pause, go to previous time period, and go to next time period.
Configuring the Time Slider widget
The Time Slider widget can be set to open automatically when apps start. To do so, click the dot on the widget to turn it dark green.
- Click the small edit icon to open the configuration window.
- Optionally check the box if you want to display the temporal layer names on the widget.
- Click OK to save the configuration and close the window.
Using the Time Slider widget
- Click the Time Slider widget icon on the map to open the widget panel when there is time-aware layer(s) in the map. Otherwise, you cannot open it.
If the time animation of a layer is disabled in the web map, the widget will ignore the layer.
- Click the Play/Pause button to begin animating the map or pause the animation.
- Click the Previous/Next button to go back to the last data interval or advance to the next data interval.
- Move the mouse over the speed menu to adjust the playback speed.
- Click the X button in the panel to close the Time Slider widget.