Once you've found data, choose the format you want to use. You can download a spreadsheet (CSV), KML, or shapefile, and access the API.
Download format options
Once you've found data, choose the format you want to use. You can download a spreadsheet (CSV), KML, or shapefile, and access the API for all vector datasets. Downloads are available as a file geodatabase for select datasets (this is an administrator-set function and is not automatic). You can download a PNG, JPG, TIFF and access the API for raster datasets.
- From the search results, click the download icon; or from the dataset profile page, click Download Dataset.
- Click one of the download options to begin the download.
- The API option gives you two links to copy: GeoJSON and GeoServices.
The GeoServices link allows clients to communicate with data through the GeoServices REST specification. This specification of JSON is standard output by ArcGIS and can be used in a wide array of open applications built using Esri's SDKs and APIs.
Track your downloads
You can track your download’s progress and view your download history in My Data .
- Once you start a download, you'll see a small icon fly to the My Data sidebar to let you know where to track download progress.
- The progress bar in the panel will show you what state the dataset download is in: gathering data, generating file, or ready for download.
- Close the panel, continue browsing the site, or download more data. All your downloads will continue and will be tracked in My Data.
When requesting a download you are connecting to the live source service. If there is a processing error and the live download is unsuccessful, you are given the option to download an older, cached version of the dataset where available.