You can configure your portal to use utility services from ArcGIS Online. To use a utility service provided by Esri, you must have an ArcGIS Online organizational account. The account must have credits associated with it and the correct permissions to use the utility services.
- Sign in to the portal website as a member of the default Administrator role or a custom administrator role with privileges to manage utility services.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
- Click ArcGIS Online on the left side of the page.
- Enable the utility services you want to configure with the portal.
- Enter the credentials for the ArcGIS Online account to be used for the utility services, and select the folder where the corresponding items will be created in the portal.
- Click Configure.
Note:If a utility service originating from ArcGIS Server has already been configured with your portal (for example, Network, Elevation, Hydrology), configuring the corresponding service on the ArcGIS Online tab will automatically replace the existing utility service on the Utility Services tab.
The utility services you select will be configured with the portal. An item is created in the portal that stores the ArcGIS Online account credentials with it. Each item is shared with the portal's organizational members at the time it is created. You can view the items or edit their sharing properties on the My Content tab of the content page.