The ArcGIS Portal Directory and Portal Administrator Directory provide an interactive view of the ArcGIS REST API's resources for your ArcGIS Enterprise portal. These two directories, accessed from different URLs, allow you to browse the capabilities of the portal and execute operations.
The available tasks vary between the two directories, as described below.
ArcGIS Portal Directory
Accessing the ArcGIS Portal Directory using the URL https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/sharing/rest allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Add and remove users from groups.
- Upload and publish items.
- Search items.
Portal Administrator Directory
Accessing the Portal Administrator Directory using the URL https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/portaladmin allows you to perform certain administrative functions not available in the ArcGIS Enterprise portal website. Use this directory to perform the following tasks:
- Query, view, configure, and delete portal logs. For example, log messages associated with events such as installing and upgrading, editing your organization, publishing, content and item management, and security workflows, can all be viewed by logging in to the ArcGIS Portal Directory as an administrator of your organization. The ArcGIS Portal Directory aggregates the log messages into a table you can read and manipulate. See About portal logs for details.
- Update your portal's identity store to use LDAP or PKI.
- Configure if users in your organization are automatically added as members in the portal when logging in with their organization-specific credentials.
- Unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your portal.
- Change the location of the portal content directory.
- Disable users' access to the ArcGIS Portal Directory.
- Federate one or more ArcGIS Server sites with your portal.
- Designate a federated server as the portal's hosting server.