The Portal Directory and Portal Administrator Directory provide interactive views of the ArcGIS REST API's resources for your portal. These two directories, accessed from different URLs, allow you to browse the capabilities of the portal and run operations.
The available tasks vary between the two directories, as described below.
Accessing the Portal Directory using the URL https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/sharing/rest allows you to work with users, groups, and content in an organization. Use this directory to perform the following tasks:
- Create, share, and search for items.
- Add and remove users from groups.
- Update member privileges.
- Customize the look and feel of your organization.
- Register an identity provider to support SAML or OpenID authentication.
- Set up a distributed collaboration (ArcGIS Enterprise-to-ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online-to-ArcGIS Enterprise).
- Create and manage webhooks.
- Schedule and manage tasks for ArcGIS Notebook Server, ArcGIS Workflow Manager, and administrative reports.
- Publish and manage layers published in bulk.
- Generate access and refresh tokens.
Portal Administrator Directory
Accessing the Portal Administrator Directory using the URL https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/portaladmin allows you to perform certain administrative functions not available in the portal. Use this directory to perform the following tasks:
- Query, view, configure, and delete portal logs.
- Update your portal's identity store to use LDAP or PKI.
- Configure whether users in your organization are automatically added as members in the portal when logging in with their organization-specific credentials.
- Unregister ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your portal.
- Change the location of the portal content directory.
- Disable users' access to the Portal Directory.
- Federate one or more ArcGIS Server sites with your portal.
- Designate a federated server as the portal's hosting server.