As a portal administrator, you will configure the portal website to meet the requirements of your organization in regards to the following:
- Security settings
- Dedicated ArcGIS Server sites
- The services that are used for printing, geocoding, geometric calculations, and routing
- The use of comments in the website
- The locale of the website
You can also configure the portal website to fit the look and feel of your organization. For example, you can do the following:
- Add a logo and banner
- Feature your organization's content on the home page
- Feature specific content in the portal gallery
- Customize basemaps in Map Viewer
- Create custom web application templates
Web application templates allow members of your organization to create and publish map-based applications. You may want to extend the customization options of templates, for example, by adding your organization's logo or color scheme to a set of existing templates and using these templates in your web mapping template gallery. Likewise, your organization may already have a web application with functionality specific to your industry that you would like to make into a template. You can do this by creating a custom template.
In many cases, you will use site configuration groups to manage custom content, such as template and basemap galleries. For more information, see Site configuration groups.
Set advanced portal options
You can customize the behavior of the portal through the ArcGIS Portal Directory (Sharing API). Properties you can set include whether certain apps and customizations are shown on the website, for example, links to the Scene Viewer app or custom links displayed on all page footers. You may want to do this if you're configuring a disconnected deployment or modifying the portal's behavior to match the requirements of your organization.
Follow the steps below to set advanced portal options:
- Sign in to the ArcGIS Portal Directory as a member of the default administrator role in your portal or a member of a custom role with the security and infrastructure privilege enabled. The URL is in the format https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/sharing/rest.
- Click Home > Portals > Self.
- Click the Organization Settings link in the Child Resources list and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click Update in the Supported Operations list.
- On the Portal Configuration Properties dialog box, replace the existing property values with your organization's values.
- Click Update to apply the changes.
To learn more about the properties you can modify, see the Sharing API documentation.