Default administrators and those with the correct privileges can specify the user type, member role, add-on licenses, and group membership to assign to new members by default. Members who create their own built-in accounts and members added by an administrator or through automatic account creation are automatically assigned the new member defaults.
- Verify that you are signed in as a default administrator or a member of a custom role with the security and infrastructure privilege enabled.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
- Click New member defaults on the left side of the page. You only see this tab if you have privileges to manage the organization's security settings.
- Configure or modify the new member defaults as follows:
The new member defaults you see depend on your assigned privileges to manage organization settings.
- For User Type and Role, click the edit button for either setting, select a user type, and select a role. Click Save.
- For Add-on licenses, click the Manage button and select the add-on licenses to automatically assign to new members. Click Save.
You can only select up to 10 default add-on licenses that are compatible with the default user type and role selected. For example, if you selected the Editor user type as a new member default, you cannot select ArcGIS Drone2Map as a default add-on license, as it is only compatible with the Creator and GIS Professional user types.
- For Groups, click Manage and use the search box or sort options to help you find groups. Select one or more groups to assign to new members, and click Save.
You can only select default groups that are compatible with the default user type and role selected. For example, if you selected the Data Editor role as a new member default, you cannot select a shared update group as a default group, as membership in those groups is limited to members with privileges to create, update, and delete content.
You can modify any of these settings for specific members as needed on the Members tab after they join the organization.