You can view usage reports through the Activity Dashboard for ArcGIS app on the portal website. To access usage reports, log in to the portal website as an Administrator or member with the correct privileges and click Organization > Status. For a description of how to work with usage reports, see the sections below.
Organization of usage reports
Usage reports are organized into three categories: Content, Members, and Groups.
- Content—Content reports illustrate how members are creating, using, and sharing content. Use this tab to visualize summary reports about maps, layers, files, apps, and tools. Discover who the top contributors are in your organization and obtain feedback on the geographic extent of items.
- Members—Member reports help you understand the status of your organization's members and their activities in the system. Use this tab to aggregate counts of members and accounts by type, and obtain member profile information to achieve awareness about the use of the organization.
- Groups—Group reports provide a sense of active collaborations by members of the organization. Use this tab to determine group access, group owners, and featured groups and determine the share status of groups.
Available usage reports
The available usage reports vary according to which category you are viewing.
Content reports illustrate how members are creating, using, and sharing content. The charts, tables, and map support drill-down interactions that allow you to refine the report details. Adjust the time at the top of the app to change the reporting period for the reports. You can see content activity for up to the past 12 months. The default is two weeks.
- Content Details—Displays the number of items in the organization into five separate categories—maps, layers, files, apps, and tools—and summarizes the counts in a bar graph. Select a category to see how many different types of that category exist and to view a table with additional details. Click an item name to view a chart with usage details.
- Extent of Content—Displays the geographic extent of all items owned by the organization during the reporting period.
- Content Summary—Displays the number of new or modified items added to the organization during the reporting period. Contributors is the number of members who created or modified items during the reporting period.
- Contributors—Displays the top contributors during this reporting period and how many contributions each member submitted to the portal.
- Sharing Summary—Displays the distribution of how members are setting share permissions on items during the reporting period.
- Tags in Items—Displays an ordered list of the tags used in all of the items returned in the current activity report. The tag size is scaled based on the frequency of its use.
- Most Popular Content—Displays the top 10 viewed items in the organization since the day Portal for ArcGIS was installed.
- Total Content—Displays a summary count of the total number of items in the organization. The maximum number of reportable items is 10,000.
Member reports help you understand the status of your organization's members and their activities in the system. The charts, tables, and map support drill-down interactions that allow you to refine the report details. Adjust the time at the top of the app to change the reporting period for the reports. You can see member activity for up to the past 12 months. The default is two weeks.
- Members by Role—Displays the distribution of members by role, the number of accounts assigned, and the number of user types assigned. Members are assigned one of five roles in the portal: Viewers, Users, Publishers, Administrators, and Custom Role. For more information, see User types, roles, and privileges.
- Utilization Summary and Statistics—Displays various usage information, including contributions and collaboration activities for the selected member for the time period selected. It also displays the geographic extent of all items owned by the selected member. To change the member details report, select a different member from the Member By Role Report table.
Group reports provide a sense of active collaborations by members of the organization.
- Groups—The total number of groups in the organization.
- New Groups—The total number of groups created in the organization in the last 30 days.
- Group Owners—The percentage of members who own one or more groups in the organization.
- Group Contributions—The percentage of groups that provide members read and write access. The difference between this value and 100 percent represents the percentage of groups that are read-only.
- Group Access—Displays the distribution of how members can discover and request group membership.
- Group Owners—Displays members who own the most groups in the organization.
- Group Sharing—Displays how groups are shared across the organization.
- Featured Groups—Displays featured groups within the organization, basic information about the groups, and the number of items within each group.
Create and access reports
If you have a default administrator role, you can generate asynchronous reports with details about your ArcGIS Enterprise organization's members and items. The member report includes current details about each member in your organization. The item report includes current details about each item in your organization. You can export these reports as CSV files for further analysis and save them as administrative report items in your organization for future reference.
To create and access member and item reports, do the following:
- Verify that you are signed in to your organization with the appropriate privileges.
- At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Status tab.
- At the top of the page, click Reports.
- To create a report, do the following:
- Click Create report.
- From the Report type drop-down menu, select the type of report you want to create.
- Keep the default report name or give it a custom name by clicking the Edit button in the Name text box and typing the name you want.
- Click Create report.
The report is generated and added to the list of reports on the Reports subtab. The report is also saved as an administrative report item in your content.
Only one report of each type can be generated per hour.
- Do any of the following to find and work with administrative reports in your organization:
- To find a previously generated report, search for the report by name and apply filters to narrow the report list. Sort the list as desired, such as by owner name.
- To export a report as a CSV file, click the Download button next to the report listing.
- To rename a report, click the More options button next to the report listing, type a new name for the report, and click Save.
- To view the item page for an administrative report, click the report title. From the item page, you can add and modify information and settings for the administrative report item and, if you have sharing privileges, you can share it with other members of your organization as needed.