You can import bookmarks in a web map opened in ArcGIS Event Editor using the Import Bookmarks tool. Bookmarks can be imported from web maps owned by you and from shared maps.
Bookmarks can be imported only if Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online security is configured with ArcGIS Event Editor.
- Open ArcGIS Event Editor and, if prompted, sign in to Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online.
- Click the Map tab.
- Click the Web Map button .
Hover over a web map thumbnail to view additional information, such as the web map summary, tags, and last updated date.
- Expand either the My Maps or Shared Maps folder.
- Hover over the web map thumbnail from which you want to import the bookmarks and click the Import Bookmarks button .
Once bookmarks are imported, confirmation appears at the lower right corner of the screen. If there are no bookmarks presented in the web map, a message appears at the lower right corner of the screen stating that no bookmarks are found.
- Click the Save Web Map button on the Map tab.
If saving an existing web map that you own, the file will be updated. If you are not signed in as the owner of the currently loaded web map, or if you are pointing to a configuration file, you will always be prompted to save as a new web map. If saving a new web map, see the following section.
A confirmation message appears at the lower right once the map is saved.
- To view imported bookmarks, click the Bookmarks button in ArcGIS Event Editor.
A drop-down menu shows imported bookmarks along with the map name from which bookmarks were imported.