Creating a GIS server cluster in ArcGIS for Desktop
A cluster is a group of GIS server machines in an ArcGIS Server site that is dedicated to hosting a particular subset of services. You can use ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop to organize your GIS server machines into clusters.
To create a new cluster, follow these steps:
- Establish an Administer GIS server connection to the server. See About connecting to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop for instructions on how to connect.
- Right-click your administrative connection in the Catalog tree and choose Server Properties.
- In the ArcGIS Server Properties window, click the Clusters tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Cluster window, enter a name for the cluster.
- From the Available Machines list, select the GIS server machines you want to add to the cluster and click the >> arrows to move them to the Added Machines list.
If the GIS server you want to add does not appear in the list, make sure it has been added to your site and is not currently participating in another cluster. For more information, see About adding a GIS server to a site.
- Click OK.
Your cluster is created and appears on the Clusters tab.