Use the Add Spatiotemporal Big Data Store Machines to the site button in ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure in the following scenarios:
- After creating your base deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise on Microsoft Azure, you decide that you want ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server functionality or want to archive data from ArcGIS GeoEvent Server stream services. Both sets of functionality require a spatiotemporal big data store.
- Your deployment on Azure includes a spatiotemporal big data store, but you need to add more machines to it to store the volume of data your GeoAnalytics Server or GeoEvent Server is generating.
Follow these steps to add a spatiotemporal big data store to your deployment, or add a machine to an existing spatiotemporal big data store.
- Start ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure.
If you want to use the Microsoft Azure Government cloud and have an Azure Government subscription, check U.S. Government Cloud.
- Choose the Azure subscription that contains the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment to which you want to add a spatiotemporal big data store.
- Click the Add Spatiotemporal Big Data Store Machines to the site button .
- Type the user name and password for Machine Administrator. This must be the same Windows login you specified to administer the other virtual machines in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
- Provide the user name and password for the primary site administrator of your hosting server.
You specified this information when you deployed ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Type the user name and password for ArcGIS Run As Account that you specified to run the other services in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
- Specify the number of machines to include in the spatiotemporal big data store, their names, and sizes.
You should have multiple machines in your spatiotemporal big data store. An odd number of machines is recommended.
- Click next to view a summary of your settings.
- Review the settings in the Summary pane. If anything needs to be changed, click back to change the information in the Specify Machines pane. When all settings are correct, click finish to add a spatiotemporal big data store to the portal's hosting server in your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment.
Click save summary to save your site configuration information to a text file.