You have a selection layer in your ArcMap document. Selection layers are not supported for basemap layers or map services.
- Remove the selection layer from your map document.
- Alternatively, you can convert the selected features to a new feature class.
- You can also consider using a definition query instead of a selection layer.
Selection layers are a special kind of layer in ArcMap. They are one way to save a selected set of features from a map layer for later use.
In most cases, the most appropriate way to select a subset of features to display is to use either of the following approaches:
- Define a definition query for a map layer.
- You can work with feature selections as part of your web map application.