As an ArcGIS Server administrator or a publisher in your organization, you have the option to register your on-premises data stores and cloud stores. In doing so, you are registering data folders, databases, and geodatabases with the ArcGIS Server site so that services you publish can reference the data in those folders, databases, and geodatabases. Data registration provides ArcGIS Server a list of locations to access. Data registration also helps ArcGIS Server adjust data paths when publishing across machines.
The following sections describe how to prepare your ArcGIS client to connect to Dameng and register it with ArcGIS Server.
Install the Dameng DM client
A Dameng DM client is needed on all ArcGIS client machines that will connect to Dameng.
You can download the DM client from Dameng Customer Support. Follow the instructions provided by Dameng to install the DM client.
- Download and install the 64-bit DM client on your ArcGIS Server machine. See Configure a database connection for ArcGIS Server for information on preparing your ArcGIS Server installation to connect to Dameng.
- If you will create a connection file from ArcGIS Pro, install the 64-bit DM client on the ArcGIS Pro machine.
- If you will create a connection file and register the connection from ArcMap, also download the 32-bit DM client and install it on the machine where ArcMap is installed.
If your operating system contains a version of the libodbcinst.so library, create a soft link to libodbcinst.so. In the following example, a link is made to libodbcinst.so from libodbcinst.so.2.0.0:
ln -s libodbcinst.so /usr/lib64/libodbcinst.so.2.0.0
Users who connect to the database must be granted specific privileges. For logins that will only publish read-only services, grant the privileges necessary for a data viewer as described in Privileges for using ArcGIS with Dameng. For logins that will publish editable feature services, grant the privileges necessary for a data editor.
Connect to Dameng
To register a Dameng database with an ArcGIS Server site, you'll need the following information:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, Dameng)
- The name of the server where Dameng is installed
- Authentication type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported)
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from ArcGIS Server Manager or the Catalog tree in ArcMap. See the following topics for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: