You can use ArcGIS Server Manager to edit a server directory. To do so, follow the steps below.
Services automatically restart when you edit server directories. If your ArcGIS Server site has a large number of services, it may take a significant amount of time for all services to restart. Esri recommends you adequately plan and test your ArcGIS Server deployment so you do not have to edit the server's directories.
- Open Server Manager and sign in.
- Click Site > GIS Server > Directories.
- Locate the server directory to configure and click Edit .
The Edit Directory dialog box appears.
- To change the location of the directory, specify a new directory path in the Location field.
When you edit a directory path, the contents of the directory are copied to the new location unless you are editing a cache directory. When you change a cache directory location, you must copy the cache to the new location.
ArcGIS Server directory path lengths cannot exceed 260 characters.
- To update the description, type a new one in the Description field.
- To change how long files in the directory are retained, choose a new Cleanup mode from the drop-down list and specify the number of minutes for Maximum file age.
ArcGIS Server will delete files in the directory at regular intervals based on the maximum age of the file.
- Click Save.
The edits to your directory are applied and listed in the Directories module.