If your ArcGIS Server site is running in the cloud, you can take advantage of storage native to your cloud platform to store map and image service caches.
You can register cloud stores to use as the cache directory for map and image service caches if your site is deployed on the corresponding cloud platform. For example, you can register a Microsoft Azure Blob storage container as a cloud store if your ArcGIS GIS Server and ArcGIS Image Server sites are deployed on Microsoft Azure.
The following cloud storage options are supported:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Microsoft Azure Blob storage
- Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
You should deploy your cloud store in the same region as your ArcGIS Server site.
You can create a cache and delete a cache in a cloud store, as well as export and import caches and take caches offline.
Currently, the following are not supported if your map or image cache resides in a cloud store:
- Manage Map Server Cache Status geoprocessing tool
- Convert Map Cache Storage Format geoprocessing tool
- Upgrade Map Server Cache Storage Format geoprocessing tool
- Enabling cache on demand