Previewing a task in the Service Editor will show you how your task dialog box will appear when used in ArcMap.
- If you have more than one task in the Service Editor, select the task you wish to preview by clicking the task in the left pane of the Service Editor.
- Click the Preview button.
The dialog box will not show output parameters of the task since the location of the output is managed by the server.
You cannot execute a task from the Preview window.
- Click the Show Help button to inspect the side-panel help for your task. The text comes from the Description of your task parameter.
- When the the side-panel is exposed, you can click the Tool Help button to view the complete help for the tool.
- Click Close to close the task dialog box.