You create the primary site administrator account when you create an ArcGIS Server site. The primary site administrator provides you with one initial administrator account that allows you to log in to Manager and configure security. If you need to change the user name or password for this account, you can do so in ArcGIS Server Manager.
If you used the primary site administrator account to register ArcGIS Web Adaptor with your site, and then you later change the primary site administrator user name or password, there is no need for you to reconfigure the web adaptor. HTTP communication is not disrupted between the web adaptor and the site after editing the account.
Follow these steps to change the user name or password of the primary site administrator account:
- Open Manager and log in as the primary site administrator or as a user with administrative privileges. You can only edit the primary site administrator account if you have one or both of these privileges.
If you log in as the primary site administrator and change either the user name or password, you will be logged out of Manager as soon as you save the changes to the account.
- Click Security > Settings.
- In the ArcGIS Server Security module, click Edit next to the Primary Site Administrator Account section.
- In the Edit Primary Site Administrator Account window, type a new user name or password (or both) for the primary site administrator account.
- When you finish making changes, click Save.
ArcGIS updates the primary site administrator account with the information you provided. Keep in mind that it may take some time to apply your changes, since ArcGIS restarts all the services in your site after editing the account.