If you created a deployment using the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Amazon Web Services 10.9 or 10.9.1 app, you can use the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Amazon Web Services 11.0 app to upgrade the deployment.
Before you upgrade your deployment, review the following information:
- At this time, you can only upgrade deployments that you created with the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Amazon Web Services 10.9 or 10.9.1 app.
- You cannot upgrade a deployment using ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder Command Line Interface for Amazon Web Services.
- Be sure you have the required ArcGIS licenses for the version to which you want to upgrade. You can download the license files from My Esri.
- Download and install the latest version of ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Amazon Web Services.
- If the deployment includes an ArcGIS GeoEvent Server site, you must export the site's configuration before upgrading.
- Create a backup of the deployment so you can restore if there are any problems with the upgrade. If the upgrade fails, Cloud Builder may not be able to restore your deployment to its original state.
You can use the webgisdr utility provided with Portal for ArcGIS to create a backup of most components in an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. Spatiotemporal big data stores are not included in this backup, however. If your deployment includes a spatiotemporal big data store, create a separate backup of it using the ArcGIS Data Store backupdatastore utility.
Upgrade a deployment
Follow these steps to use the Cloud Builder app to upgrade a supported deployment:
- Open the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Amazon Web Services app from the Start menu on your PC.
- Connect to your Amazon Web Services account using one of the following methods:
- Type the access key ID and secret access key for your account and click Sign In.
- Choose the Amazon Web Services profile you defined on the machine where you're running Cloud Builder and click Sign In. See AWS documentation for information on configuring a local profile.
Once Cloud Builder connects to your AWS account, it proceeds to the Deployment page.
- Click the Upgrade deployment button next to the deployment you want to upgrade.
This button is available only if the deployment was created using the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for AWS app and the deployment status is Completed.
The Upgrade Deployment Checklist page appears.
- Read all the items on the Upgrade Deployment Checklist page and confirm that you completed each one. If you have not completed all the checklist items, click Cancel to close Cloud Builder.
You can run Cloud Builder again once you complete all the items in the checklist. Do not proceed until you have completed all the items.
- Once you check all the items in the checklist to confirm you completed them, click Next to proceed to the License Files page.
- In each License Files page, choose or upload the correct license files.
Ensure all licenses in the deployment are for the same release.
- If this is the first deployment you upgrade to the latest release, you must upload the license files to the Cloud Builder Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) deployment bucket. Click the Upload button , browse to the license file on your local disk, and click Upload. Do this for each unique license in the deployment.
- If you upgraded another deployment to the latest release before upgrading this deployment, the license files will be available for you to choose from the drop-down lists.
- After you select or upload all required license files and select a user type (if necessary), click Next to proceed to the deployment summary.
- Review the deployment summary. Expand each section to confirm the correct information, such as license version, is in the summary. You can click Download to save a JSON file containing the summary information.
- If the summary information is correct, click Upgrade.
Do not close the progress window or the Cloud Builder app until the upgrade completes.
- If the deployment includes an ArcGIS GeoEvent Server site, you must import the site's configuration using the file you exported before you started the upgrade process.
When the deployment upgrades successfully, the deployment status shows as Completed, and you can open the portal or ArcGIS Server Manager by clicking the link for the deployment type.
If the deployment upgrade fails, you must delete this deployment and restore from the backup you created before upgrading.