You can manage sizes and states for machines in existing ArcGIS Enterprise deployments or ArcGIS Server sites you created through ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
You can change the following:
- Machine type—You can choose from available Microsoft Azure machine types in the region of your deployment. Change types if you require more cores or memory on the machine.
For ArcGIS Server machines, you can only use the number of cores for which you are licensed.
- Operating system disk type—If you initially deployed with a magnetic disk drive (HDD) and want to improve performance, you can switch to a solid-state drive (SSD). If you deployed with an SSD but you are only using the deployment in a development environment, you could switch to HDD to cut costs.
- Operating system disk size—If you need more storage on the operating system disk, you can increase the size.
- Add a data disk—To add more storage space, add a data disk.
- Machine state—You can stop, restart, or delete a machine. You can stop a machine to save on Azure charges. Restart the machine when it is needed again.
Do not delete a machine unless you do not need it any longer. You cannot recover a deleted machine.
Follow these steps to manage machines, including their state and disk settings:
- Start ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure.
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure.
If the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment or ArcGIS Server site is in the Microsoft Azure Government cloud, check U.S. Government Cloud.
- Choose the subscription that contains the deployment you want to manage and click Next.
If your account only has access to one subscription, you will not see this page.
- Click the
Manage Machines in the site button .
- To manage a stand-alone ArcGIS Server site or base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, click the Manage Machines in the site button next to the deployment name.
- To manage a federated server, click the down arrow next to the deployment name to see the list of federated servers. Click the Manage Machines in the site button next to the name of the federated server.
The Configure Machines page appears.
- For each machine, make the changes you require.
- To stop or restart a machine, choose Stop or Retart, respectively, from the Desired State drop-down list.
- To delete a machine, choose Delete from the Desired State drop-down list.
- To change machine type and disk settings, click the Configure Virtual Machine button and specify new settings. Click Apply when setting changes are complete.
- Provide the site administrator username and password to authenticate the changes and click Next.
- Specify a storage account in which to store temporary objects necessary to complete this change, and click Next.
You can use an existing storage account in any region, or create one. Cloud Builder deletes these temporary deployment objects after the deployment change completes.
- Confirm the site administrator username and click Finish to save changes to your deployment.