The use of this resource requires an ArcGIS GIS Server Advanced license and a Production Mapping Server or Defense Mapping Server license.
The Topographic Production service is a type of ArcGIS service originating from a web layer. It allows topographic production capabilities to be consumed on the web using ArcGIS by automating the process of producing a layout or map based on a defined map product.
About the service
The Topographic Production service is the entry point for creating topographic products in ArcGIS Server. The Topographic Production Service resource provides information about the service, which enables topographic production server capabilities on a map service. You can also view the child resources and operations defined by the topographic production server object extension (SOE).
The following operations are supported in the SOE:
- addProduct—Adds a definition of a map product to the service that can be used to generate a map.
- generateProduct—Automates the process of producing a layout or map based on an existing map product definition.
- removeProduct—Removes a map product from the Topographic Production service.
- updateProduct—Updates the properties of an existing map product.
- products—Gets the map products that the Topographic Production Service supports.
- product—Gets a single map product from the products that the Topographic Production Service supports.
- cancel—Cancels a job submitted through the generateProduct REST operation.
- job—Tracks the status of a job executed by the generateProduct REST operation. Returns the status, start date, last modified date, and messages for the job.
- query—Tracks the status of jobs executed by the generateProduct REST operation. Returns the status, start date, last modified date, and messages for a set of jobs.
Publish the service
You can publish the Topographic Production service after enabling the service capability in ArcGIS Pro.